Tips to cut down on false alarms in Rockford
False alarms are an actual issue for your home’s security. Not only do they erode the faith you have in your installation, but they might even be a burden on your time and pocketbook. Thankfully, you may do some things to minimize false alarms from your Rockford home security system.
As the first step, be sure that everything is installed as intended. This might sound like an obvious course of action, but it’s often the case that overlooked user errors result in false alarms. Next, watch out for potential causes of false alarms, like a back door that may be kept ajar by accident. And finally, feel free to use the various features like home automation and scheduling to cut down on false alarms in Rockford.
Is it really that straightforward? Continue on and find out.
Many false alarms in Rockford are avoidable
Like diagnosing any problem, the initial step is to reference the manual. Ensure all your components are connected properly from your end by:
- Executing a diagnostic through your smart hub.
- Physically check each component to be certain it didn't get knocked out of place or need a battery change.
- Inspect your scheduling to make sure that your home’s security isn’t arming at inopportune times.
- Make sure all new smart components are incorporated properly and aren't disrupting your home’s alarm.
Call your service agent if you continue to have trouble cutting down false alarms in your Rockford home. They'll be pleased to send out a trained expert to inspect your equipment.
Check your entry points
In the event your configuration checks out alright, the next step is to thoroughly inspect your property. Are all your entries shut tight, or do you find some inadvertently cracked? If an entry point is left open, it might activate an activated sensor. In the event your household routinely neglects to secure an entrance, you can implement a smart locking system that secures automatically when your system goes live. Sadly, windows take more physical effort, mainly if you have a family member who prefers to rest with a cracked window. Fortunately, your Vivint home security system makes it a breeze to disengage that alarm while still shielding the remainder of the residence.
Automation can be a great technique to cut down on false alarms in Rockford
One of the smartest methods to reduce the probability of false alarms is to integrate home automation into your home security system. When utilizing your mobile security app, you’re able to:
- Arrange a schedule to turn off the alarm when you’re in the house and avert false alarms that result from absentmindedly unlocking a door or window. You can then program the alarm to reactivate automatically again after dark as you start your bedtime routine.
- Program the alarm to disarm as your smart front door lock is triggered with the proper number combination.
- Utilize geotracking to turn on your alarm if you exit the driveway, then turn off when you come back to the house.
- Get cell phone updates when your implements detect unusual activity or require a battery change.
- Connect your system to a smart home speaker, so you are able to disarm and arm your system without the mobile app or central interface.
Cut down on false alarms in Rockford by switching to a Vivint smart home system
An enhanced level of authority over your home security equates to fewer chances of false alarms. To build your Vivint smart home, reach out to (815) 362-1830 or send in the form below.