How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Rockford smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the center of your home security system as it links your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into a united system. This intuitive, 7-inch color interface places you in full command of your Rockford home’s automation and security. Learn more about how it will help you and check out tips to get you started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Rockford benefit you?
Wirelessly coupling to sensors and other implements via radio wave signals and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your home. You may arm or disarm your system, program lights, change thermostat settings, and more. If incorporating a video doorbell, you can even talk to someone on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub has a backup battery and built-in cellular connectivity to ensure reliable performance. It also offers convenient remote operation through the Vivint smartphone app.
Here’s a sample of the things you can do:
- View real-time or saved video from any connected security cameras
- Arm and disarm your system
- Turn lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Modify your thermostat’s temperature
- Speak directly to monitoring professionals
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Rockford by setting schedules or creating preferences. For example, you can have your smart thermostat change automatically each night at a specified time. Or, you can add rules like having your entrances unlock if the smoke detector goes off.
Tips for arming and disarming your security system
Before you get into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll need to know how to arm and disarm your security. It’s easy - just adhere to these instructions:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will still be present in your house and arms everything besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be leaving, and all sensors in the home will engage.
- To disarm, just slide down the shield icon and input your PIN.
You’ll see a message if the system isn’t able to arm. For instance, an open window will cue you to take action. Note that you may still arm the security system by adhering to the instructions above. You will then have to verify that you want to circumvent the sensor that isn’t engaged.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Rockford
Although multiple users can be programmed when your system is installed, you will probably want to add another user at some point. Here are step-by-step instructions to do so.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right corner of the main screen.
- Tap “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Press “Name,” provide the the name you want to use, and hit the Next button.
- If you would like to give the user remote functionality, choose phone or email and submit the details to deliver an request.
- Choose Next and then create a PIN for the added user.
- To remove a user, go to the menu, press users, pick the user you wish to get rid of, and then tap “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Would you like to take control of your home’s automation and security with an intuitive touchscreen panel? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Rockford security system. Contact (815) 362-1830 to learn more.