Online shopping and daily deliveries have become commonplace for many residents. You appreciate the ease of having goods left at your main entry, but there is a disadvantage. Those packages sitting in plain sight are enticements to potential thieves. Porch piracy continues to be a serious issue, but you can protect yourself from it by getting a doorbell camera with your home security system. These components are fantastic tools to combat opportunistic thieves, but they do a lot more.
Take a minute to see how they work and why they’ll likely come to be an essential facet of your smart home.
Advantages of a Rockford video doorbell
Found in wireless and wired options, video doorbells provide a range of sophisticated features, and the technology keeps improving. You can now customize detection zones, speak to whoever’s in front of your door, and get instant notifications whenever something is delivered.
The best way to understand how a Rockford video doorbell camera works is to look at the various benefits it gives you. Consider these features:
- Active deterrents: You aren’t able to get this on every model, but there are some smart video doorbells that take action in deterring theft with audible and visual warnings. This is a fantastic way to let prowlers know someone is watching.
- All-encompassing camera view: You deserve to see the whole picture, and that should include the faces of people on your porch and boxes on the surface below. Video doorbells with superior 180-degree field of vision give you a total perspective.
- High-resolution streams any time of day: What’s the use of implementing a doorbell camera if the images are grainy and challenging to see? Leading models will include amazing high dynamic range (HDR) resolution and night vision.
- Package delivery notifications: Would you like to know when a package arrives? You can enjoy automatic updates from video doorbells that are able to differentiate between visitors and deliveries.
- Talk to whoever’s at your door: Is someone waiting at your door? Bi-directional audio lets you inquire about what they want. You could even take advantage of this helpful feature to frighten off people lurking around your entrance.
- Prevent false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to customize detection zones. Restricting the viewing area will help you reduce false alarms brought about by pedestrians or pets.
- Easy access to footage: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home offers you the option to access real-time and recorded video straight from your cell phone security app.
Video doorbells keep you in touch with your home like never before, as you can access them directly from your mobile device, no matter where you are. They’ll alert you when someone arrives, provide visuals of what’s happening, and even allow you to communicate with whoever’s at your door. They’ve become difference-makers in terms of safety and convenience.